Join Us Today
Don’t miss the opportunity to be involved in progressing the Health Reforms, and have your say about how we can work together to ensure the consumer perspective is always considered at all levels of the health system.
To apply for membership click on Membership Application form on the left hand box to take you the HCNSW Online Form and apply online, or download a Membership Application form which you can scan, fax or email to the office.
HCSW is an independent, membership based organisation. Membership is open to organisations and individuals who support the consumer role in shaping health policy and services. Benefits include:
Opportunities to participate in and shape a state level “voice”
Capacity to influence health policy via submissions and advocacy
Consumer training and opportunities
Staying informed via email, newsletter and website access
Participation in a generic health consumers network
Voting Membership Criteria
The eligibility criteria for voting membership of Health Consumers NSW are that the organisation is a peak health consumer organisation which:
- Has aims and objectives that include the representation of the opinions of consumers and sections of the community on health matters;
- In practice represents and/or is capable of reflecting consumer opinions;
- does not act primarily as the representative of professional, provider, or “for profit” and such like interests;
- Has a membership open to consumers and/or consumer organisations who can be elected to the governing body of the organisation; and
- Fully supports the aims and objectives of HCNSW.
Eligibility for associate membership of Health Consumers NSW is open to all other applicants who are:
- Not for profit organisations, other than Voting Members, and
- Other organisations accepted by the Management Committee