Have your say Be part of the South Eastern Sydney LHD patient, carer, consumer and community group
Thu 02, Nov 2017
Do you care about your community? The South Eastern Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) invites you to join their District Consumer and Community Council (DCCC).
They are looking for people who are active members of their community and/or have used SESLHD's health services and would like to be part of their new peak health advisory group the ‘South East Sydney Local Health District (SESLHD) – District Consumer and Community Council (DCCC).
They are particularly keen to hear from you if you feel you and your community network have not been part of the conversation with health in the past.
What does it mean for you? The DCCC will meet 11 times each year. Where you meet will be decided by the members of the DCCC. Teleconferencing will be offered for people who can’t attend in person. The LHD needs you to actively participate in meetings and be able to read and respond to email communications between meetings. You will receive a small payment to support you to do this. The DCCC's aim is to support you to be involved, and have a voice. They will provide you with training to help you to feel comfortable and to participate. There are also experienced community (consumer) members who are available to provide support and advice.
About the District Consumer and Community Council
- The DCCC is a consumer-led initiative and members of the SESLHD community groups are invited to be involved.
- The DCCC is committed to the principles of co-design and co-production.
- They will use a range of flexible, innovative, technology-supported and strength-based approaches to enable easy participation.
- The focus of the DCCC will be to ensure that consumers from a range of backgrounds and experiences have a voice when it comes to conversations about improving our clinical and corporate, services and programs.
- The members of the DCCC will have access to senior managers working in SESLHD. This means members will be in a position to give advice, oversight and be involved in decision-making across the SESLHD. A copy of the DCCC charter is included in this package of information.
- The DCCC will provide support and give advice to SESLHD committees and programs on strategies to enhance and promote consumer and community participation. It will also seek support and take advice from other SESLHD committees and groups.
- The DCCC will begin in the last quarter of 2017. An initial one-day training will be offered on November 20th and 27th. A welcome morning tea gathering will be held on December 8. More information will be provided if you are selected.
How to apply: Please send an email to SESLHD-YourVoice@health.nsw.gov.au by Tuesday 15th November 2017 and explain why you would like to be part of the DCCC. Please include your name, phone number, email address and postal address.
Further information: Call Amanda Justice, Community Partnerships Manager on 9332 9725.
"We are committed to partnering with our consumers and community to improve health and well-being, we want to know what matters to you." Gerry Marr, Chief Executive, SESLHD