Nothing about us without us is for us
Fri 19, Jan 2018
What we do
- training and mentoring for health consumer representatives, so they can be powerful advocates for themselves and others
- training for health services, so they build patient-centred care and consumer partnerships and feedback into their strategies and systems
- our ‘request-a-rep’ service for health organisations who want genuine input from consumers
- representation of consumers through submissions and seats on key government and health service committees
- our online tools and resources hub, newsletters and social media channels.
Why it’s important
- a health condition they are affected by
- their experience of using a health service
- their experience as a carer, family member or friend of a health service consumer
- their participation in their local community.
Health consumers attending our training to become better advocates for themselves and their communities.
Consumer engagement is about involving consumers in decision-making. Be it decisions at an individual level – around people’s own health, treatments and illness-management (consumer-centred care) – or at health service level around policy development, service design, delivery and evaluation.
Research shows great benefits to health systems, patients and even health staff when care is centred on patients and their support people. It is not only better experiences and health outcomes for patients, but even things like less re-admissions to hospitals and happier doctors and nurses.
So go to our website and sign up to become a member. It’s free and you’ll be well on your journey to changing health services in NSW for the better. Because nothing about us without us is every really for us.
To stay in touch, sign up for our monthly e-newsletter, The Wrap.