For consumer representatives
Whether you are affiliated with a health organisation, a hospital or you represent your community at your local health centre in NSW, we are here to support you in your important work.
How can we help you?
- Provide training so you feel well equipped to do your work.
- Match you with a health organisation or committee that is looking for consumer representatives with your range of skills and experience.
- Provide you with resources and tools.
- Keep you up-to-date about the latest in health consumer news and views through our e-newsletters, online news and social media channels.
- Introduce you to other consumer representatives and people working in health services for ideas exchange and mentoring.
- Provide informal support and advice.
Why consumer representatives/advocates/advisers/stakeholders?
Research shows great benefits to health systems, patients and even health staff when care is centred on patients and their support people. It also shows that to get health services and policies ‘right’ the expertise of its users – the health consumers – is paramount.
Health consumer representatives, advocates, advisers and stakeholders ensure consumer participation across the health system to improve health care for all. This leads to better health outcomes and experiences for consumers, efficient and effective services and happier health staff.
So become involved, make sure you and your community’s voice are heard and have your say about health in NSW! Become a member of HCNSW.