Health consumer representative training
This two-day program is fully catered and delivered from HCNSW's office venue at the Sydney Mechanics' School of Arts building, Level One, 280 Pitt St, Sydney 2000.
This program introduces the concepts and practises of consumer engagement in the NSW health system and is facilitated by two experienced leaders. The target group is health consumer representatives engaged with Local Health Districts, Primary Health Networks, or Public or Private Hospitals and health related NGOs. The program will:
- suit people relatively new to this role as well as more experienced health consumer representatives
- provide extra support to assist you in carrying out your role
- help you feel less like an “outsider” amongst clinicians and managers
- address issues and questions you may have
- give you the opportunity to learn from others in similar roles and to discuss problem solving strategies
- empower you to recognise the immense value you bring to the health service.
What is covered in the two-day training program?
- Understanding the roles of health consumers and health service providers and the interactions between these groups
- Context of the NSW health system and Primary Health Networks
- How consumer engagement in health services has evolved over time
- The role of HCNSW
- Levels of consumer engagement
- Understanding effective advocacy
- Significance of personal beliefs, values and networks
- Communication skills, networking, negotiating and influencing
- Tips and tools for effective participation in meetings.
Training program fees
The fee is $550 (incl GST) per person for our Organisational (Voting) Members and Health Services.
We encourage health services to cover the cost of this training for health consumers, as part of their investment in consumer engagement. Health consumers who wish to do this training and are not affiliated with any health service or consumer organisation that will pay their fee should contact us directly.
Dates for our 2018 programs are:
- Tuesdays, 6th and 13th November 2018
Book a training program for your organisation's consumer representatives and staff
You can book us to tailor and deliver our training to your staff and consumer representatives.
2-Day Comprehensive Health Consumer Advisor/Representative Program
The minimum number of participants required to provide this training at your location is nine (9).
9 to 20 participants: $4,950 (incl GST) flat fee for two days training (where venue and catering is supplied by booking organisation)
1-Day Short Course for Health Consumer Advisors and Representatives
The minimum number of participants required to provide this training at your location is ten (10).
10 to 20 participants: $3,300 (incl GST) flat fee for one day training (where venue and catering is supplied by booking organisation)
Fees for other training sessions which fall outside these programs or are for specific topics and timeframes, will be negotiated with the booking organisation.
If you wish to find out more, contact our Training Manager, Sarah Davidson on (02) 9986 1082 or email email@example.com.