Training & events
“This training has given me the confidence to go back to my organisation and work with them to increase consumer representation.”
We offer a range of training programs and one-off events for health consumers, consumer representatives and health and consumer organisations.
The benefits of training for consumers and health services
Our training and education programs assist health consumers and health staff to increase their confidence and effectiveness to implement health consumer engagement in any setting.
Consumers are empowered to recognise the immense value they bring to health services. Health services receive assistance to meet their obligations under Standard 2 of the National Standards for Safety & Quality in Healthcare.
Our current training programs
- Two-day comprehensive training program for consumer representatives currently engaged in health service activities, or about to take on a role
- Accredited Graduate Certificate in Consumer Engagement, offered in partnership with the Health Issues Centre
- Webinars and other online training options for both staff and consumers
- In-service training for health staff and consumer representatives
- Individualised training tailored to your organisation’s needs.