Our main objectives are to:
- provide an independent, informed and representative voice for health consumers in NSW
- provide an independent source of advice and information to the NSW Minister of Health
- influence decision-making to achieve better health and wellbeing outcomes, a better health system and to improve equity and access for all health consumers in NSW
- increase effective consumer participation in the health system and provide broad based education to consumers, carers and service providers including health care workers and other health related organisations
- develop the capacity of health consumer representatives to participate in health policy, research and health system development to improve the health and wellbeing outcomes for consumers in NSW
- work with all aspects of health, including the social determinants of health, by engaging in activities to raise community awareness of health and wellbeing issues in NSW.