What we do
We support and help health consumers to be a voice for themselves and their communities. We do this through:
- training and mentoring for health consumer representatives, so they can be powerful advocates for themselves and others
- training for health services, so they build patient-centred care and consumer partnerships and feedback into their strategies and systems
- our ‘request-a-rep’ service for health organisations who want genuine input from consumers
- representation of consumers through submissions and seats on key government and health service committees
- our online tools and resources hub, newsletters and social media channels.
We do not offer a personal advocacy service and we don’t handle personal complaints about a health service you received. But we can help you to find the right person to talk to.