Join the new ACI Primary Healthcare Institute Executive Committee
Deadline: Wednesday, 18 March 2020
Who: NSW Agency for Clinical Innovation, Primary Healthcare Institute
Expressions of Interest are open for health consumers to join the new Primary Healthcare Institute Executive Committee.
The NSW Agency for Clinical Innovation (ACI) established the Primary Healthcare Institute (PHI) in late 2018. It is part of the Integrated Care and Aboriginal Health stream, within the Care Across the Lifecycle and Society directorate.
The PHI Executive Committee will provide a unique forum for members with an active interest and expertise in primary and integrated care in NSW to collaborate, in accordance with the Terms of Reference.
The Executive Committee will influence the PHI’s direction, help shape its goals and objectives, enhance its position as a connector, a relationship builder and informer of primary healthcare work across ACI’s Networks and NSW Health.
Members of the Executive Committee will be expected to:
- Bring a primary healthcare lens to strategies and service delivery in NSW.
- Identify key and emerging issues relating to primary health and integrated care.
- Recommend innovative initiatives and solutions that have a strong focus on integration, sustainability and population needs; are evidence-based and have a person centred care perspective
- Enhance the PHI’s position as connectors, relationship builders and informers of primary healthcare work by collaborating with key stakeholders to identify and work on shared goals and priorities across ACI Networks, and acute, community and primary care organisations.
- Use available research, and identify priority areas requiring further research and evaluation to inform future activities in primary health and integrated care.
- Provide advice on mechanisms to enable the PHI to proactively capture innovations in the primary health and integrated care environments across the State. Support the development of an ACI gateway to promote healthcare innovations through partnerships with stakeholders and other approaches.
- Support ongoing knowledge sharing across NSW Health and wider stakeholders though the promotion of evidence-based practice and models, including lessons learned, to build and sustain capability in the healthcare system.
You will also have to attend a minimum of 75% meetings per year and provide advice and feedback between meetings, if required.
The Executive Committee will meet quarterly for 2 hours, with the option to increase or decrease the number of meetings as determined by the PHI in consultation with the Co-Chairs and Committee members. Meetings will be held face-to-face at the ACI, level 4 or 7, 67 Albert Avenue, Chatswood. Teleconference and videoconference facilities will also be available.
ACI will cover your travel expenses. They are not paying a sitting fee.
If you are interested in becoming a health consumer representative on the PHI Executive Committee, please get in touch with Val Middleton, Project Officer on (02) 9464 4631 or email@example.com. She will send you an Expression of Interest nomination form and the Committee Terms of Reference. ACI will need your completed nomination by Wednesday, 18 March 2020.