Applications to join the AOD Consumer Reference Committee now open
Deadline: Friday, 14 February 2020
Who: NSW Ministry of Health, Center for Population Health, Alcohol and Other Drugs Branch
Expression of Interest Alcohol & Other Drugs (AOD) Branch Consumer Reference Committee
The AOD Consumer Reference Committee (CRC) has vacancies for two (2) new consumer representatives.
WHAT IS THE CRC?
The purpose of the CRC is to create a strong consumer voice which will guide policy development and enhance safety, quality and innovation in NSW AOD services funded by NSW Health. The CRC was established to support and facilitate meaningful engagement between the AOD Branch at the NSW Ministry of Health and consumers with a lived experience of alcohol or drug use.
WHO IS NEEDED?
The CRC is looking for applicants that may:
- have a lived experience of alcohol or other drug use.
- have a family or significant other who has been impacted by harms associated with alcohol or other drug use.
- be a representative of a gender and sexually diverse consumer or community organisation.
- be a representative of a youth consumer or community organisation.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Applications are to be made in writing. On your application please outline how your background:
- aligns to membership criteria
- any connection that you may have to other consumer and community networks or organisations (including but not limited to consumers of AOD services)
- your availability to attend six (6) meetings per year and review documents out of session
- your specific interest and capacity to contribute to the CRC
All applications will be considered and further opportunities for other engagement may be available. Applications are to be forwarded via post or email to: Angela Hua, Senior Project Officer Centre for Population Health NSW Ministry of Health; Locked Mail Bag 961; North Sydney NSW 2059
If you are interested in applying, please direct any enquiries to and request the Terms of Reference from Angela Hua on 9391 9209 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org