Become a consumer representative with National Home Nurse
Deadline: Saturday, 31 August 2019
Who: National Home Nurse
Expression of Interest for Consumer Representatives for National Home Nurse
National Home Nurse is:
- A national network of highly experienced, community based Registered Nurses supporting patients towards the best possible outcome.
- Their services are guided by the quality framework of the National Safety and Quality Health Service Standards (NSQHS). They work collaboratively with the Australian Council on Healthcare Standards (ACHS) towards accreditation, ensuring that they operate according to industry standards providing evidence of quality outcomes.
- Clinical governance underpinned by robust clinician credentialing, patient safety policies and processes and overseen by our Executive Committee and Board.
- Secure clinical records completed in real time for all episodes of care. The clinical records are encrypted during electronic transfer to other healthcare providers to satisfy privacy regulations. Continuity of care is maintained by ensuring the specialist and GP have copies of any clinical records required.
- An Australian based contact centre operating 24/7, 365 days a year.
National Home Nurse (NHN) is looking for a range of consumer voices and skills to advise NHN on policy, planning and strategic issues. They are looking for people with experience as a patient, resident or carer in the home or aged care setting, including from a culturally or linguistically diverse community, who are confident and able to express ideas.
The work of the consumer representative group will assist NHN with:
- Understanding the patient/consumer experience in the community & home based care environment
- Policy development relating to patients/consumers
- Consumer advice regarding patient/consumer information e.g. service information, culturally specific requirements,
- Consumer representative to sit on our Quality, Safety and Risk Committee (quarterly meetings).
- Developing processes for gaining patient/consumer feedback regarding NHN
Representatives will be invited to attend a series of meetings (3-4) over a six month period. Attendees will be supported with car parking, lunch and small honorarium.
To discuss further please contact Catherine Murray, Clinical Director on 133 000 or send an email outlining your interest and experience to Catherine.Murray@nationalnurse.com.au.
Applications close 31st August, 2019.