Who, How and What of Consumer and Community Involvement in Health Research Workshop
- Are you a consumer who has been involved in health research?
- Do you have connections with UNSW, South Eastern Sydney Local Health District or South Western Sydney Local Health District?
- Do you want to connect and network with researchers from UNSW, Medicine and Health?
UNSW, Health and Medicine is funding up to 10 consumers to attend the Who, How and What of Consumer and Community Involvement workshop on 16 February 2024.
What will I learn?
By the end of this course, you will have a basic understanding of the why, what and how of consumer and community involvement in health research including:
- the rationale for consumer and community involvement in health research;
- different ways that health consumers and the community can be involved in health research;
- Recognition of specific opportunities for consumer involvement across different research study types;
- Practical solutions to enabling meaningful and sustained consumer involvement throughout your research; and
- Awareness of the range of resources/tools available to support collaborative activities and how they could be applied in practice.
How long does it take?
There are two parts to this course, a 90 minute online introductory course and a 4-hour face to face workshop.
In the 4-hour workshop you will get to explore practical ideas for consumer and community involvement in health research, engage with consumers and develop a plan of action for your research.
You need to complete the online course and the face to face workshop to receive a Certificate of Completion for the Introduction to Consumer and Community Involvement in Health Research.
How much does it cost?
UNSW Health and Medicine has a partnership with HCNSW and is funding up to 10 consumers to attend, with each training spot valued at $325 including GST.
Need more information
For further information please contact, Carrie Hayter, Consumer Engagement Manager, Health and Medical Research, Health Consumers NSW via email on email@example.com.
Register below for this workshop now!
Some error has occured.